Title IX at 哥伦比亚大学
哥伦比亚大学 does not tolerate sexual harassment, gender discrimination or sexual misconduct. We are committed to creating a safe and supportive campus, and to educating individuals to become responsible citizens.
Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 states: “No person in the United States shall, 以性别为基础, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
Report Sexual Misconduct
Concerns pertaining to possible Title IX violations should be reported to the 第九条官员, 朱莉王 at juking@columbiasc.Edu或1-803-786-3765. You may file a formal complaint by meeting with the 第九条官员 or by completing a Title IX Formal Complaint Form. For more information regarding reporting, procedures, and policies, visit Koala Connection.
If you need to report an emergency, contact 哥伦比亚大学 Police Department at 803-786-3333 or call 911.
Prevention Education and Training
哥伦比亚大学’s response to Sexual Misconduct is proactive education and training, with emphasis on prevention. Our response is designed to collect and disseminate information about Sexual Misconduct, promote open discussion, 鼓励报告, and provide information and training about prevention to faculty, 工作人员, 和学生.
- Provide prevention programs.
- Provide information to students and 工作人员 regarding our policies and procedures.
- Train all 教师 on Title IX and how to submit a report
- 培训学生员工, such as resident assistants, 取向的领导人, and student success leaders on their role as responsible employees of the College regarding Title IX.
- Discuss the topic of Sexual Misconduct and the College’s expectations for an environment free of Sexual Misconduct during new student fall orientation.
- Distribute Title IX flyers with information about where to go for help in several high-traffic areas around campus; and
- Meet with all student athletes to discuss Title IX 8. Encourage students, faculty, and 工作人员 to Practice Active Bystander Intervention
哥伦比亚大学 is committed to providing a campus environment that is free of discrimination 以性别为基础. Therefore, we have partnered with 向量解决方案 to deliver online courses specifically tailored to our students and our faculty and 工作人员.
Practicing Active Bystander Intervention
If you see something, say something. Bystander intervention is recognizing a potentially harmful situation or interaction and choosing to respond in a way that could positively influence the outcome.
An active bystander is someone who interrupts a potentially harmful situation, especially when it comes to sexual violence.
Taking action and interfering safely is an essential skill. Stepping in can make all the difference, but it should never put your own safety at risk.
A few ways to be an Active Bystander:
- Ask the person directly if they need assistance.
- Rally others together to assist with the situation.
- Extend support to individual.
Mandated Reporters at 哥伦比亚大学
All faculty and 工作人员 are Mandated Reporters at 哥伦比亚大学.
Mandated Reporters are required by 哥伦比亚大学 policy to report to the 第九条官员 any incident that may be a violation of Title IX, including all information they know about the incident.
*As a Mandated Reporter, you are not responsible for investigating or asking questions—just reporting what you are told.
204 Allison Administration Building
803.786.3333 After hours and weekends